For the second week in a row, Netflix has spread out its new Originals across the week in a likely attempt to cover up a relatively quiet week in new releases. Here’s a look at the new releases currently scheduled between April 15th and April 20th.
Of course, Netflix could be saving its big releases given all the oxygen has been sucked out of the room thanks to Disney+ being unveiled and the fact that Game of Thrones has returned. Last week saw quite a few big titles releases but nothing that’s a real headliner.
Here are three things you should be on the lookout for this week on Netflix.
No Good Nick (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
Releases on Netflix: Monday, April 15th
If you love some of Netflix’s other teen sitcoms such as Fuller House, Alexa & Katie or One Day at a Time this new title should instantly be thrown onto your watch list.
Headlining this series is Sean Ashton who recently appeared in Stranger Things season 2 but probably won’t be returning for season 3. The series is about a 13-year-old girl who infiltrates a family hoping to get revenge but ends up conflicted as to whether to actually take revenge.
The series has already been given more episodes that are expected to drop later in 2019.
You can add this title to your list right now so you don’t forget when it drops on Monday.
Cuckoo (Season 5) Netflix Original Series
British comedy lovers will be getting more of their Cuckoo fix this week as it returns for its fifth season. Once again, Taylor Lautner plays the role of the idiot American to a tee and continues to do so with his newly found British family in season 5.
Thanks to the several seasons before it, this makes Cuckoo one of the longest running comedy shows on Netflix. The only worrying news is that we’ve yet to hear if the series will be returning for a sixth season.
Grass is Greener (Documentary) Netflix Original
Featuring big names in the weed world such as Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill’s B-Real, and Damian Marley, this documentary sets to look at racial war behind the drug which has grown in favor over the past decade.
Through interviews, it sets to look at the influence the drug has had on music, pop culture and beyond.
Important note, this list which you’ll see below plus on other outlets doesn’t represent the full list of new titles. New releases come to Netflix near enough every day that hasn’t been pre-announced. As always, you can see all the new releases right here on What’s on Netflix.
Full List of New Titles Coming to Netflix This Week
- Luis Miguel – The Series (Season 1)
- No Good Nick (Season 1) Netflix Original Kids Series
- The New Romantic (2018)
- Super Monsters Furever Friends Netflix Original Kids Series
- My First First Love (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
- A Fortunate Man (2019) Netflix Original Movie
- Brené Brown: The Call to Courage (2019) Netflix Original Stand-up Special
- Cuckoo (Season 5) Netflix Original Series
- I, Daniel Blake (2016)
- Music Teacher (2019) Netflix Original Movie
- Lunatics (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
- Rilakkuma and Kaoru (Season 1) Netflix Original Anime Series
- Samantha! (Season 2) Netflix Original Portuguese Series
- Someone Great (2019) Netflix Original Movie
- Grass is Greener (Season 1) Netflix Original Series
What are you looking forward to this week? Let us know in the comments down below.