Being from the UK it’s amazing to think our fans down in Australia could getting out the BBQ for a Christmas Dinner, but with 11 days left to go till Christmas everything is heating up on Netflix. When you aren’ relaxing by the pool or beach and drinking with your friends make sure to check any one of the 32 brand new titles added this week!
Tidelands (Season 1) Netflix Original
While Tidelands isn’t the very first Australian Original for Netflix it is the very first Original from Australia that Netflix has had the sole production of. Expanding its audience and influence across many markets of the world, if Tidelands is a success we can expect more Australian originals to get the go ahead.
Cal McTeer is a former convict that returns to her home, the fishing village of Orphelin Bay. But when a body washes up on the shore of the village, she must uncover the dark secrets of the town and its dangerous inhabitants. Those that inhabit the town are a race of beings known as “Tidelanders”, while they are human they also have the blood of the Sirens running through their veins.
ROMA (2018) Netflix Original
Academy Award-winning director Alfonso Cuarón returns to the silver screen after almost 5 years with the Netflix Original ROMA. The film has already been entered into the 91st Academy by Mexico for ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ and it highly likely to win. The reception from critics has been incredible with some already calling it “The film of the year.” ROMA has already earned 32 nominations and could be the first Netflix film to win in a ‘Best Film’ category at the Oscars.
The story of ROMA takes place in the city of Mexico City in the 1970s. Centered around the life of a live-in housekeeper who works for a middle-class Mexican family that lives in the neighborhood of Roma. Cuarón has drawn upon his own experiences of his childhood to the big screen in this heartfelt and emotional rollercoaster of a film.
The Protector (Season 1) Netflix Original
Over the past couple of years, Netflix has made a point of expanding their content across the world. While there have already been multiple Spanish and Italian Originals The Protector is the very first Turkish Original to arrive. Turkish dramas have become very popular with Western audiences so hopefully, The Protector will be one such show at the top of everyone’s list of favorite Turkish shows.
Young shopkeep Hakan’s world is turned upside down after learning he is connected to an ancient and secret order. Tasked with protecting Istanbul the order grants Hakan the power of the Protector. The unlikely hero must rise to the occasion as mystical immortals threaten the city. But with Hakan completely unprepared and resisting his destiny will he ever become the hero he needs to be?
Here are all the new titles added to Netflix AUS:
12 New Movies Added to Netflix Aus:
- As the Light Goes Out (2014)
- Connected (2008)
- Love is not Blind (2011)
- Marmaduke (2010)
- Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life (2016)
- Nightfall (2012)
- ROMA (2018) Netflix Original
- The Founder (2016)
- The Myth (2005)
- The Twins Effect II (2004)
- The Vampire Effect (2003)
- Up In The Wind (2013)
12 New TV Shows Added to Netflix AUS:
- Back Street Girls -GOKUDOLS- (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: A Midwinters Tale (1 Episode)
- Fit for Fashion (Season 2)
- Fuller House (Season 4) Netflix Original
- Hymn of Death (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Apartment (Season 2)
- The Fix (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Protector (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Tidelands (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Travelers (Season 3) Netflix Original
- Trotsky (Season 1)
- Voltron: Legendary Defender (Season 8) Netflix Original
5 New Docuseries and Documentaries Added to Netflix AUS:
- Inside the Real Narcos (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Inside the World’s Toughest Prison
- Out of Many, One (2018) Netflix Original
- Sunderland ‘Til I Die (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Innocent Man (Season 1) Netflix Original
2 New Reality Series Added to Netflix AUS:
- Home Made Simple (Season 1)
- The Poetist (Season 1)
1 New Stand-Up Comedy Special Added to Netflix AUS:
- Vir Das: Losing It (2018) Netflix Original