February is quickly speeding past and below we’re going to take a quick look at all the new additions that have been welcomed to Australian Netflix over the past week. Unfortunately not many new titles have been added, but that still doesn’t mean we don’t have some great shows and movies to talk about. 8 movies, 4 documentaries, 5 TV shows and 2 standup shows have been added and as usual, we’ve picked out three titles that have stood out to us specifically. Feel free to sift through the list yourself, and if you spot something great that you think we should have pointed out, we would love to hear in the comments below.
Our first pick for this week is ‘John Wick: Chapter 2‘. Following the great and somewhat surprising success of the first John Wick film comes the 2017 sequel. Keanu Reeves reprises his role as the retired assassin, who after the events of the first film finds a substantial bounty has been put on his head. He must once again reluctantly arm himself against the brutal assassins coming for him. Although it was not quite received as positively as the first film, this is still a fantastic action, thriller defiantly worth your time.
‘Irreplaceable You‘ is a brand new Netflix Original and stars Michiel Huisman, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Christopher Walken. The film follows a couple, Sam and Abbie who’ve known each other since they were 8. But after they make the shocking discovery of an inoperable tumour they must come to terms with the fact that they won’t be together forever. The hard-hitting story has connected with many viewers and is one deserving of a watch.
Our final highlight for this week is another Netflix Original titled ‘Everything Sucks!‘. The show is set in the 90’s and follows a group of high school kids going through everyday struggles. The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive and you might be pleasantly surprised if you give this show a go, especially if you’re a 90s kid and crave a little nostalgia.
Here is the full list of 19 titles added to Netflix Australia this week:
8 New Movies Streaming to Netflix Australia
- Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (1977)
- Freeheld (2015)
- Left Behind (2014)
- The Villainess (2017)
- John Wick: Chapter Two (2017)
- Irreplaceable You (2018) Netflix Original
- Love Per Square Foot (2018) Netflix Original
- City Hall (1996)
4 New Documentaries Streaming to Netflix Australia
- Guy Martin: Last Flight Of The Vulcan Bomber (2015)
- The Mortified Guide: Season 1 (2018)
- The Final Year (2017)
- First Team: Juventus: Season 1 (2018) Netflix Original
5 New TV Series Streaming to Netflix Australia
- Chrisley Knows Best: Season 1-2 (2014)
- The Adventures Of Tintin: Season 1-2 (1991-2)
- Brave Miss World: Season 1 (2013)
- Everything Sucks!: Season 1 (2018) Netflix Original
- The Frankenstein Chronicles: Season 1 (2015)
2 New Standup Shows Streaming to Netflix Australia
- Chris Rock: Tamborine (2018) Netflix Original
- The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale: Season 1 (2018) Netflix Original