February is already coming to a close and this month has seen loads of new shows and movies come to Canadian Netflix. This past week gas welcomed a total of 19 new titles, including 6 new movies, 4 documentaries, 7 TV series and an additional 2 stand up shows. We know more than anyone that sometimes it can be hard to pick out something to start watching on Netflix, especially with so many new titles being added everyday. That’s why we’ve taken the time to pick out three individual titles to briefly talk about, in the hope it might inspire you to give them a go.
Our first pick for this week is the new Netflix Original ‘FullMetal Alchemist‘. Based off the very popular anime series and manga of the same name. The film follows two brothers, Edward and Alphonse Elric who live in an alternative world where alchemy is widely used and respected. But after they try the highly forbidden technique of human transmutation their body’s our badly damaged, with one brother even loosing his entire body. In order to keep him alive, the remaining brother; who lost a leg in the process, sacrifices his arm in order for it to be attached to a ‘full metal body’ allowing the other brother’s soul to live on inside. They must now search for a philosopher’s stone in order to restore their lives. This live-action adaption has been quite popular among fans, and many will enjoy seeing it on Netflix.
Another title that has been introduced to Netflix in the new original ‘Everything Sucks!‘. This series has been surprisingly popular since it’s release and takes place in 1990’s Oregon following the students of ‘boring high-school’. The show focuses on all he issues high school kids have to deal with and for any 90’s kids, this comedy will defiantly give you some nostalgia.
Our final pick for this week is the now partial Netflix Original ‘The Frankenstein Chronicles‘. Starring Sean Bean this fantasy, crime, drama follows Inspector John Marlott, a 19th-century detective piecing together a series of crimes on the streets of London that have been linked to an unconventional scientist obsessed with re-animating the dead. The series started all the way back in 2015 and both seasons are now available to stream on Netflix.
See the full list of 19 new titles available on Netflix Canada this week:
6 New Movies Streaming on Netflix Canada
- Irreplaceable You (2018) Netflix Original
- Nightworld (2017)
- Wolf Warrior 2 (2017)
- Mama (2013)
- Boonie Bears: The Big Top Secret (2016)
- FullMetal Alchemist (2017) Netflix Original
4 New Documentaries Streaming on Netflix Canada
- First Team: Juventus: Season 1 (2018)
- Brave Miss World: Season 1 (2013)
- The Final Year (2017)
- Lockup: County Jails: Season 1 (2010)
7 New TV Series Streaming on Netflix Canada
- Chrisley Knows Best: Season 1 (2014)
- Everything Sucks!: Season 1 (2018) Netflix Original
- The Arrangement: Season 1 (2010)
- The Frankenstein Chronicles: Season 1-2 (2015) Partial Netflix Original
- The Ministry Of Time: Season 1-3 (2015) Netflix Original
- Boonie Bears: Spring Into Action: Season 1 (2014)
- Re:Mind: Season 1 (2017)
2 New Stand Up Shows Streaming on Netflix Canada
- Chris Rock: Tamborine (2018) Netflix Original
- The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale: Season 1 (2018) Netflix Original