It’s a bit of a quiet week on Netflix Canada. We round up the titles and take a look at some highlights from the new additions over the past seven days.
Happy weekend! The list is smaller than usual this week, but there still some good titles in there to watch.
Let’s start with Paddleton. I’m not going to sugar coat it, this movie is grim. It’s about two neighbors with a great friendship who spend pretty much all of their time together. When one of them finds out he has terminal cancer, he asks the other the help him end his life. It’s very character driven and very touching. I believe it’s worth your time.
Netflix’s gold-standard food show is back for another season. Chef’s Table returns with its beautiful photography, sumptuous food, and fascinating chefs. The series has really grown since the first season, with a focus not just on the food but the story behind it. It’s a deep dive beyond the pretty food to history and culture.
Finally, there is a very fun addition to the list this week and it’s Kong: Skull Island. It has an all-star cast, a big budget, and is pretty darn good. This was one of those movies I went into watching because I had to, but it won me over. If you’re in the mood for a popcorn flick then this is it.
Here are all the latest additions added to Netflix Canada this week:
10 new Movies added to Netflix Canada this week
- Firebrand (2019) Netflix Original
- Genius (2018)
- Kong: Skull Island (2017)
- Miss You Already (2015)
- Paddleton (2019)
- Paris Is Us (Paris est à nous) (2019) Netflix Original
- Shonar Pahar (2018)
- Skate Kitchen (2018)
- The Drug King (2018) Netflix Original
- The Intent 2: The Come Up (2018)
- The Photographer Of Mauthausen (El fotógrafo de Mauthausen) (2018) Netflix Original
4 new TV Series added to Netflix Canada this week
- Go! Live Your Way (GO! Vive a tu manera) (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Gomorrah (Season 2)
- Rebellion (Season 2) Netflix Original
- Suburra: Blood on Rome (Suburra: La Serie) (Season 2) Netflix Original
- The Big Family Cooking Showdown (Season 2) Netflix Original
- Workin’ Moms (Season 1)
2 new Documentaries/Docuseries added to Netflix Canada this week
- Chef’s Table (Season 6) Netflix Original
- Studio 54 (2018)
- The Kindness Diaries (Season 2)
1 new Stand-up Special added to Netflix Canada this week
- Bert Kreischer: The Machine (2016)
- Kevin James: Sweat the Small Stuff (2001)