Only 11 more days till Christmas! We have a whole snowstorm of Originals that have come to the UK this past week. A total of 39 new titles have been added this week, 17 of which are Netflix Originals. If you’re still catching up on titles from the previous week then the number of TV shows added recently you’re going to have a big list to last you till the start of the year! Let’s take a look at this week’s highlights of new titles added to Netflix UK.
ROMA (2018) Netflix Original
Academy Award-winning director Alfonso Cuarón returns to the silver screen after almost 5 years with the Netflix Original ROMA. The film has already been entered into the 91st Academy by Mexico for ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ and it highly likely to win. The reception from critics has been incredible with some already calling it “The film of the year.” ROMA has already earned 32 nominations and could be the first Netflix film to win in a ‘Best Film’ category at the Oscars.
The story of ROMA takes place in the city of Mexico City in the 1970s. Centered around the life of a live-in housekeeper who works for a middle-class Mexican family that lives in the neighborhood of Roma. Cuarón has drawn upon his own experiences of his childhood to the big screen in this heartfelt and emotional rollercoaster of a film.
Travelers (Season 3) Netflix Original
The Canadian sci-fi show has become incredibly popular thanks to Netflix over the past few years. There are very few TV Shows and films that get time-travel right but Travelers is definitely one of the few to achieve it. With Netflix picking up the sole production of the show from season 3 it just goes to show how much confidence they have in the sci-fi drama. If you haven’t watched Travelers yet make sure to indulge yourself.
In the future, the world is in a post-apocalyptic state. A group of operatives known as the ‘Travelers’ is sent back in time to help prevent the collapse of society. The operatives consciousness are transferred into present-day individuals that are moments from death. In transferring their minds into these individuals, this minimizes the impact on the timeline. In teams of five the ‘Travelers’ missions are dictated by the Director, an A.I from the future that analyses the timeline to stop the catastrophic events from happening.
The Protector (Season 1) Netflix Original
Over the past couple of years, Netflix has made a point of expanding their content across the world. While there have already been multiple Spanish and Italian Originals The Protector is the very first Turkish Original to arrive. Turkish dramas have become very popular with Western audiences so hopefully, The Protector will be one such show at the top of everyone’s list of favorite Turkish shows.
Young shopkeep Hakan’s world is turned upside down after learning he is connected to an ancient and secret order. Tasked with protecting Istanbul the order grants Hakan the power of the Protector. The unlikely hero must rise to the occasion as mystical immortals threaten the city. But with Hakan completely unprepared and resisting his destiny will he ever become the hero he needs to be?
Here are all the new titles added to Netflix UK:
14 New Movies Added to Netflix UK:
- A Monster Calls (2016)
- As the Light Goes Out (2014)
- Because of Soccer (2008)
- Drop Dead Fred (1991)
- Ender’s Game (2013)
- Monster Trucks (2016)
- ROMA (2018) Netflix Original
- The Dancer (2011)
- The Endless (2017)
- The Gathering (2003)
- The Strangers: Prey At Night (2018)
- Underworld: Blood Wars (2016)
- Vampire Effect (2003)
- What’s Up With Love? (2002)
17 New TV Shows Netflix UK:
- Back Street Girls -GOKUDOLS- (Season1 ) Netflix Original
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: A Midwinter’s Tale (1 Episode) Netflix Original
- Fuller House (Season 4) Netflix Original
- How to Get Away With Murder (Season 4)
- Hym of Death (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Paula (Season 1)
- The Apartment (Season 2)
- The Fix (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Inmate (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Innocent Man (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Midas Touch (Season 1)
- The Protector (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Tidelands (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Travelers (Season 3) Netflix Original
- Trotsky (Season 1)
- Voltron: Legendary Defender (Season 8) Netflix Original
- Wanted (Season 3) Netflix Original
3 New Documentaries and Docuseries added to Netflix UK:
- Inside the World’s Toughest Prisons (Season 3) Netflix Original
- Out of Many, One (2018) Netflix Original
- Sunderland ‘Til I Die (Season 1) Netflix Original
1 New Stand-Up Comedy Special added to Netflix UK:
- Vir Das: Losing It (2018) Netflix Original
4 New Reality TV Shows added to Netflix UK:
- Fit for Fashion (Season 2)
- Home Made Simple (Season 1)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular (2018)
- The Poetist (Season 1)
What will you be watching this week on Netflix? Let us know in the comments below!