Another week has gone and we’re getting closer to the end of February. Our list today is pretty short, but all good things come in small packages. This week, 23rd February 2018, Netflix UK released a total of 18 new titles. This includes eight new movies, eight new TV series, one new documentary and one new standup special. There are a few Netflix Original titles on there that might take your fancy, and the list shouldn’t be too difficult to look through. As we do every week, we’re going to pick three titles that sparked our interest so that you get a better idea of what’s available this week.
The first title we’re going to tell you about is The Frankenstein Chronicles: Season 1 (2015) which was created by Benjamin Ross and Barry Langford. It is a re-imagining of the famous novel Frankenstein, which is Mary Shelley’s work from 1818. It focuses on one detective who gets an usual case: one dead body made up of parts from different people. Everything changes for him when things get deeper, darker and daring. This is a British crime drama that stars Sean Bean as the main character, Inspector John Marlott.
2017 was a year full of fantastic films and series, and Forgotten is one of those. We’re sticking with the crime theme for this one, as this show is all about filling in the gaps. Imagine you lost two and a half weeks of your life: how far would you go? What would you do to recover the past to aid the future? These questions are answered in this movie when a man’s brother is kidnapped for 19 days. Forgotten delves into the conspiracies behind his disappearance – is the truth closer to home than you think? Perhaps things are a little darker than they first seemed.
Think about how it would feel to find out that you had inherited an apartment of great value. Now think about travelling to another country, the excitement of seeing it and choosing what to do with the apartment. Now think about how surprised you’d be to find two strangers living there. It would be weird, right? Our final pick this week is one of a totally different nature to the other two, as My Old Lady (2014) is a romantic comedy. Life is an adventure full of surprising twists and turns, and it seems that Mathias gains something more valuable than money when visiting the apartment.
Check out the full list of 18 titles added to Netflix UK this week:
8 New Movies
- Boonie Bears: The Big Top Secret (2016)
- Forgotten (2017) Netflix Original
- FullMetal Alchemist (2017) Netflix Original
- Jem And The Holograms (2015)
- My Old Lady (2014)
- The Garden Of Words (2013)
- Tokyo Ghoul: Jack (2015)
- Tokyo Ghoul: Pinto (2015)
8 New TV Series
- Brave Miss World: Season 1 (2013)
- Crazyhead: Season 1 (2016) Netflix Original
- Danger Mouse: Season 1 (2015) Netflix Original
- El Ministerio Del Tiempo: Season 1-2 (2015)
- Selling Houses With Sarah Beeny: Season 1 (2012)
- The Arrangement: Season 1 (2010)
- The Frankenstein Chronicles: Season 1 (2015)
- The Ministry Of Time: Season 3 (2015) Netflix Original
1 New Documentaries
- The Final Year (2017)
1 New Standup Special
- The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale: Season 1 (2018) Netflix Original