Another considerably lackluster week on Netflix this week with only 24 new releases on Netflix US. It was headlined mostly by Netflix Originals which were scattered throughout the week. Here’s a recap of some of the new releases on Netflix this weekend and a full list of everything added to Netflix between June 20th and June 27th, 2021.
While this week hasn’t been the best of weeks, next week is shaping up to be very impressive given we’ve got the usual drop of the first of the month additions. You’ll want to head over to our preview to see what’s heading your way over the next 7 days.
OK, let’s quickly take a look at the two new titles added over the weekend.
Wonder Boy (2019)
Director: Anissa Bonnefont
Cast: Olivier Rousteing
Writer: Anissa Bonnefont
Runtime: 99 min
Awards: 1 win & 2 nominations
Wonder Boy or as its known in France when it first released in 2019, Wonder Boy, Olivier Rousteing, né sous X, is a documentary looking into the artistic director of Balmain, Olivier Roustein.
The doc takes a look at the career of the creative and what goes into his bold designs and looking for his origins.
Ray (Season 1)
Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Director: Srijit Mukherji, Vasan Bala, Abhishek Chaubey
Cast: Manoj Bajpayee, Gajraj Rao, Kay Kay Menon, Ali Fazal, Harshvardhan Kapoor, Radhika Madan
Writer: Sayantan Mukherjee
Runtime: 61 mins
This new Hindi series was added to Netflix on Friday but we’ve yet to be able to feature it as we opted to highlight The Ice Road, The A List and Sex/Life instead.
Already well-reviewed on IMDb with an 8.0 rating, the anthology series wears many hats with plenty of comedic elements to it. It follows four short stories from the writer which range from a singer who also happens to be a thief and a makeup artist building himself prosthetics to get back at those who have wronged him.
The Seventh Day (2021)
Genre: Horror, Mystery
Director: Justin P. Lange
Cast: Guy Pearce, Vadhir Derbez, Stephen Lang
Writer: Justin P. Lange
Runtime: 87 min
One other release this week we’ve not been able to cover in a daily recap is The Seventh Day which gets its SVOD debut on Netflix this week.
Starring Guy Pearce, here’s what you can expect from the movie:
“An inexperienced priest teams up with a hardened exorcist to stop the demonic possession of a young boy. But darkness lies where they least expect it.”
Full List of New Releases on Netflix This Week
13 New Movies Added This Week
- Broken (2019)
- Good on Paper (2021) Netflix Original
- Here Comes the Rain (2010)
- Into the Wind (2018)
- Murder by the Coast (2021) Netflix Original
- O Vendedor de Sonhos (2016)
- Osuofia in London (2003)
- Osuofia in London II (2004)
- Sisters on Track (2021) Netflix Original
- The House of Flowers: The Movie (2021) Netflix Original
- The Ice Road (2021) Netflix Original
- The Seventh Day (2021)
- Wonder Boy (2019) Netflix Original
11 New TV Series Added This Week
- Godzilla Singular Point (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Jiva! (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Nevertheless, (Season 1 – New Episodes Weekly) Netflix Original
- Ray (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Sex/Life (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The A List (Season 2) Netflix Original
- The Mole (Seasons 1-2)
- The Naked Director () Netflix Original
- The Parisian Agency: Exclusive Properties (Season 1) Netflix Original
- This Is Pop (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Too Hot to Handle (Season 2 – Part 1) Netflix Original