The Coronavirus is slowly spreading across the world causing havoc to the world economy and perhaps more pertinently to us, Netflix’s production schedule. Here we’ll be looking at all the productions currently confirmed to be delayed due to the outbreak.
Below, we’ll be keeping an eye on all the productions that have stalled, are set to continue or anything else news related to the virus.
Netflix Shows/Movies Currently Halted
Last updated: 03/26/2020
The Witcher (Season 2)
Thanks to our friends at Redanian Intelligence we got word on March 16th that production on The Witcher had officially shut down. The series isn’t due to return to Netflix until at least 2021 but whether this will have a material impact on its release date is yet to be seen.
Filming for The Witcher is predominantly taking place in Europe.
Russian Doll (Season 2)
The second season of Russian Doll was due to get underway at the end of this month but has currently been paused.
The filming is scheduled to take place in New York City which is one of the worst affected states as of the time of publishing.
Red Notice was suspended and that’s even after the movie had a late start due to some personal family issues for Dwayne Johnson.
On the suspension, Dwayne Johnson addressed the crew in a heartfelt video that was subsequently posted to his social media accounts.
View this post on Instagram
We are pressing pause on our @netflix production of RED NOTICE effective this Monday for the next two weeks. It’s my privilege to speak eye to eye with our entire crew to help give a little clarity and guidance, as the most important thing right now is for us to get everyone home to their concerned families. Gotta protect our babies, spouses, loved ones and elderly. We’ll continue to monitor and assess this situation closely to make the best decisions for our families first and then our businesses. We’re a resilient nation who ultimately, will always rise to the occasion to be accountable and work together to overcome whatever hardship lies in front of us. Our country will do its job, as the rest of the world will do theirs. Everyone please stay healthy, vigilant, safe and let’s protect one another. We’re all in this – together. DJ @sevenbucksprod @flynnpictureco @Netflix
Full List of Netflix Productions Halted Due to Coronavirus
Please note: we’re adding to this list as we get word on other productions.
Here’s a list of the other confirmed Netflix productions currently halted because of the Coronavirus:
- Another Life (Season 2) – Filming in Vancouver, Canada
- Clickbait (Movie) – Filming in Melbourne, Australia
- Country Comfort (Season 1) – Filming in Los Angeles
- Black Summer (Season 2) – Filming in Calgary, Canada
- Dad, Stop Embarrassing Me (Season 1)
- Dear White People (Season 4)
- Don’t Look Up – Jennifer Lawrence sci-fi movie due out at the end of 2020 – Filming in Boston & Washington DC
- Glow (Season 4) – Filming in Los Angeles
- Grace & Frankie (Season 7)
- Halston (Limited Series)
— The AHS Zone (@ahszone) March 13, 2020
- I Think You Should Leave (Season 2) – Filmed in Los Angeles
- Lou (Feature Film) – Filmed in Vancouver
- Lucifer (Season 5)
- Midnight Mass (Season 1)
Production on MIDNIGHT MASS, which was scheduled to begin Monday, has been temporarily shut down (along with the rest of Netflix’s scripted productions.) Wishing safety and health for our amazing cast and crew. #Covid_19
— Mike Flanagan (@flanaganfilm) March 13, 2020
- Night Teeth (Feature Film) – Filmed in New Orleans & Los Angeles
- On The Verge (Season 1) – Canal+ co-production – Filming in Los Angeles & France
- Peaky Blinders (Season 6)
- Rebel Ridge (Featured Film) – Filming in Louisiana
- Pieces of Her (Season 1) – Filming in Vancouver
- Russian Doll (Season 2)
- Sentient (Season 1) – Filming in Winnipeg
- Sex/Life (Season 1)
- Stranger Things (Season 4)
- The Crew (Season 1) – Filming in New York and Richmond
- The Harder They Fall (Movie) – Filming in New Mexico
- The Noel Diary (Feature Film) – Filming in Vancouver
- The Power of the Dog (Feature Film) – Filming in New Zealand
- The Upshaws (Season 1) – Filming in Los Angeles
- The Society (Season 2) – Filming in Boston
- The Witcher (Season 2)
- TICK, TICK…BOOM! (Feature Film) – New York
- Top Boy (Season 4) – Filming in London
- Unforgiven (Feature film) – Filming in Vancouver
- Zero Chill (Season 1) – Filming in Sheffield, UK
This list will be kept up-to-date over the next few weeks as we discover new shows that have been halted.
Netflix Animation and most Netflix offices have been closed down as they encourage employees to work from home.
You can find an extended list that covers other streaming networks and network television productions that have shutdown here.
Other Show Status Updates Related to Covid-19
The F is for Family writer’s account has confirmed that they’ve concluded work on season 4 of F is for Family and that it shouldn’t have any material impact on the release date.
No we shouldn’t be delayed. All work on the show is finished. We’re still awaiting the official Netflix announcement of our release date. https://t.co/8anr3qCRQ1
— FIFF WRITERS (@FIFFNetflix) March 14, 2020