Every ‘Star Wars’ Movie and TV Series on Netflix
Looking for every Star Wars movie and TV series streaming on Netflix? Then you’ve found the ultimate guide to streaming one of the most successful movie franchises of all time.
The Star Wars universe spans multiple decades and comes with a deep and loved story that’s known to millions, if not billions, around the world. In recent years, Disney has taken over the license and thanks to a deal Netflix struck back in 2014, the newest theatrical releases are coming to Netflix in some regions sooner than ever. In addition to that, Netflix has acquired a Star Wars series over the year and although the future doesn’t look so good for Star Wars on Netflix in the future, it’s a solid streaming choice for the moment.
Here’s what Star Wars movies and TV series are on Netflix:
Star Wars Movies on Netflix
Original Trilogy (1977 – 1983)
The three movies which kickstarted everything. A New Hope landed back in 1977 which introduced us for the first time to Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Believe it or not, the movie was expected to bomb hard. Little did they know back then it’d grow into the massive success it now is.
The second episode was released and is often regarded as the best Star Wars movie to this day.
- Star Wars Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina & Brazil
- Star Wars Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina & Brazil
- Star Wars VI – The Return of the Jedi (1983) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina & Brazil
Prequel Trilogy (1999 – 2005)
The chances are, you’ve heard a lot of hate regarding the prequel movies. The movies which serve as prequels to the original trilogy documents the days during the Republic where the Jedi were prosperous. The primary focus of the prequel trilogy is to document the rise of Darth Vader or more commonly known in the prequels, Anakin Skywalker.
Love them or hate them, they are technical masterpieces.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina & Brazil
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina & Brazil
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina & Brazil
Sequel Trilogy (2015- 2019)
After a decade of hiatus and after Disney’s purchase of the Star Wars license they kickstarted a brand new trilogy back in 2015. Fortunately, these Star Wars movies are more widely available on Netflix as we’ll document below.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) is currently streaming on Netflix in the United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Israel, Taiwan, India and many European countries. Sadly, it missed out on being part of the Disney contract given it launched before the contracts beginning in January 2016. As an added bonus, Netflix Canada also has a special French version of the movie available on its Netflix.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) isn’t on Netflix just yet but is expected to release on Netflix in the summer of 2018 on both Netflix in the United States and Canada.
Star Wars: Episode IX (2019) will release after the Disney contract cut off meaning it will likely only come to Netflix in Canada and not the United States.
Anthology Movies (2016 onwards)
As part of the new Disney era of movies, an anthology movie would arrive in the interim years where a new main numbered entry wouldn’t be released. So far, we’ve had two movies released in the anthology format. The first, Rogue One, arrived in 2016 and served as a direct prequel to Episode IV documenting how the resistance came into the possession of the Death Star plans. The second is releasing in 2018 which will serve as the origin story for Han Solo.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is currently available on Netflix in the United States, Canada, the Netherlands, Poland, Australia and many European countries excluding the UK and Ireland.
- Han Solo: A Star Wars Story will be coming to Netflix in the United States and Canada later in 2018.
Animated Star Wars Movies & Series
The 2008 animated movie The Clone Wars was set to quench the thirst of Star Wars fans. Not only did it achieve that with just the movie, it then pathed the way for multiple series. The Clone Wars series is the closest we’ve come to a Star Wars Netflix Original series and will likely be the only time we get close too.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) is available on Netflix in Canada, the United States, Brazil and Argentina.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (6 Seasons) is available on Netflix in the United States, Canada, South America and Europe (excluding the UK and Ireland). Not only did Netflix secure the streaming rights to the show but it also released unreleased episodes that Cartoon Network decided not to air.
- Star Wars Rebels is the Disney XD series which started airing in 2014. Star Wars Rebels was streaming on Netflix in Argentina, Brazil, Norway and Sweden but has since left and won’t be returning to Netflix.
Other Star Wars Titles on Netflix
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Vol. 1 – Available on Netflix Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles – Available on Netflix in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Mexico.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars (2014) – Available on Netflix in Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, and Mexico
- Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed (2007) – Available on Netflix in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico.