Catching Feelings, a new Netflix Original movie from South Africa is now available on Netflix as of May 18th, 2018. Here’s what you need to know about the movie before and after diving in including the cast list and movie soundtrack.
Although we can’t say it’s the first South African Netflix Original given that Trevor Noah released his standup first, we do believe it’s the first ever Netflix Original movie from the region.
What’s Catching Feelings about?
The movie is a dark romantic comedy that follows an urbane young academic and his beautiful wife, as their lives get turned upside down when a celebrated and hedonistic older writer moves into their Johannesburg home with them.
Netflix also describes the movie as emotional and irreverent.
How are the reviews?
Mixed. Over on IMDb, it has amassed a score of 6.4 out of 10 albeit from only 35 reviewers. We’ll update this accordingly once Rotten Tomatoes and Netflix reviews start pouring in.
Catching Feelings Cast
- Kagiso Lediga (also the writer and director) as Max Matsane
- Pearl Thusi as Samkelo
- Akin Omotoso as Joel
- Andrew Buckland as Heiner
Some of the cast members have been promoting the new movie on social media today:
— Kagiso Lediga (@KagisoLediga) May 18, 2018
Catching Feelings Netflix Soundtrack
The movie features a selection of songs from South Africa but also from other parts of Africa too. We’ve listed them as they appear in the credits below.
- Chimanga – Dorothy Masuka
- Let Me Live – Mpho Pholo & Moneoa Moshesh
- Lenyora – Philip Tabane
- Mama Liza – The Movers
- Ngud (Ilala Vuka) – Kwesta featuring Casper Nyovest
- Mahlalela (A.K.A Lazy Bones) by Letta Mbulu
- Noma Themba – Letta Mbulu
- Voice Inside – Lerato Moiloa
- Joburg Girl – MXO
- Ngubani Gama Lakho – MXO
- Jungle Fever – MXO
- Bring Back the Love – MXO
- iZolo – MXO
- Soweto Disco – The Movers
- Why are you here – Ishmael Osekre
- UNH! – Philip Tabane
- Vidala Para Mi Sombra – Juana Pires Rafael and Ariel Zamonsky
- 100KMACASETTE by Okmalumkoolkat
- Monsieur Bon Bon – Ebenhaezer Dibakwane
- Mpahlenkulu – Mabiza and Zah
- I Need You – David Kibuuka
Have you seen Catching Feelings yet? What did you think?