The Irishman has finally arrived on Netflix around the world and alongside its universal critical acclaim, it features a stunning soundtrack. Here’s a full breakdown of all the songs featured in the three and a half-hour long movie.
The score was put together by Robbie Robertson and music supervisor Randall Poster. Robbie Robertson has worked together with Martin Scorcese on a bunch of different movies over the past few decades. Their first collaboration came in 1980 with Raging Bull but later contributed to The King of Comedy and The Color of Money.
Among the musicians included in the score include Frederic Yonnet who played the Harmonica, Randy Kerber on Piano, George Doering on Guitar, Reggie Hamilton on Bass and Jim Keltner on Drums.
The main trailer featured “Mannish Boy” by Muddy Waters.
Full Soundtrack Song Listing for The Irishman
- In the Still of the Night (I’ll Remember) – The Five Satins
- Tuxedo Junction – Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- I Hear You Knocking – Smiley Lewis
- The Fat Man – Fats Domino
- El Negro Zumbon – Flo Sandon’s
- Le Grisbi – Jean Wetzel
- Delicado – Percy Faith and His Orchestra
- Have I Sinned – Donnie Elbert
- Song of the Barefoot Contessa – Hugo Winterhalter and His Orchestra
- Nocturne Bolero – Mario Nascimbene
- You Belong To Me – Jo Stafford
- A White Sport Coat (And a Pink Carnation) – Marty Robbins with Ray Conniff
- Sally Go Round the Roses – The Jaynetts
- Canadian Sunset – Eddie Heywood
- Honky Tonk Pt 2 – Bill Doggett
- La Vie en Rose – Edith Piaf
- Melancholy Serenade (Jackie Gleason Theme) – Jackie Gleason
- You’re Our Boy – Vince Giordano featuring Johnny Gale
- Que Rico el Mambo – Perez Prado y Su Orquesta
- Stranger On The Shore – Mr. Acker Bilk
- O God Of Loveliness – The United States Coast Guard Band
- Cry – Johnnie Ray
- Sleep Walk – Santo & Johnny
- Patricia – Perez Prado y Su Orquesta
- Honky Tonk Pt 1 – Bill Doggett
- How High he Moon – Stew Cutler, Paul Wells and Cliff Schmitt
- The Time is Now – The Golddiggers
- Spanish Eyes – Jerry Vale
- Al Di La – Jerry Vale
- Pretend You Don’t See Her – Jerry Vale
- Remembrance – Robbie Robertson
- I Hear You Paint Houses – Robbie Robertson featuring Van Morrison
Sony Masterworks has provided different ways of listening to the soundtrack. You can find the full list of listening methods here but it’s worth noting that physical editions of The Irishman including CD and Vinyl aren’t available until February 2020.
Below, you can find the official soundtrack available on Spotify to follow which includes the majority of songs listed above.
You can also find 24 of the songs featured in The Irishman in the YouTube playlist below.
What did you think about the soundtrack to The Irishman? Let us know in the comments down below.