As fall rolls around, we’re here to preview what’s coming to Netflix over the next several months including the new Netflix Originals, Disney movies, The CW series and other third party titles which will be making their way to Netflix shortly.
We must stress that this is an early look at what’s coming to Netflix and this list will inevitably grow as we get further into the fall.
Although we don’t have a complete list of Netflix Originals coming out over the next three months (mainly due to Netflix announcing things around a month before they release) we do know of some of the biggest releases.
The first title that should be on everyone’s radar is the second season return of Stranger Things. The show is possibly the most popular Netflix Original currently available and the anticipation is a lot higher than for the first season. All signs point to it being a massive improvement this round.
Narcos will be returning in September with a refreshed cast and new subject after Pablo Escobar has been killed. The new series will shift its focus onto the Cali Cartel who were far more brutal than Escobar ever was.
Finally, The Punisher, who debuted during Daredevil season 2, will be getting his own solo outing in the fall.
- Narcos (Season 3) – September 1st
- Bojack Horseman (Season 4) – September 8th
- Joaquin Reyes: Una y No Más (Standup Special) – September 8th
- American Vandal (Season 1) – September 15th
- First They Killed My Father (Movie) – September 15th
- Strong Island (Documentary) – September 15th
- Our Souls at Night (Movie) – September 19th
- Fuller House (Season 3 – Part 1) – September 22nd
Full preview of the Netflix Originals coming in September 2017
- Suburra (Movie) – October 6th
- Mindhunter (Season 1) – October 13th
- Stranger Things (Season 2) – October 27th
- Alias Grace (Season 1) – November 3rd
- She’s Gotta Have It (Season 1) – November 23rd
- The Punisher (Season 1) – November 2017
Disney & Marvel Movies
Applies to the USA and Canada
The dates below are based on previous release schedules for Disney theatrical movies. Keep in mind may differ, so use this as a loose guide as they could release sooner or shortly after.
Although the Disney contract isn’t being renewed, that doesn’t mean there aren’t some fantastic titles heading our way in the meantime.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 continues Star Lord’s story and introduced his father in one of Marvel’s best movies in years. Featuring a stellar soundtrack and some impressive visuals, this is not to be missed if you’re a Marvel fan.
The other Disney movie of note coming to Netflix is the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
- Born in China (2017)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
Netflix Region Exclusives
Netflix has exclusive contracts all around the world bringing new shows on a weekly basis. Below, we’ll list (in alphabetical order) the titles which will be coming to Netflix weekly, but it may not apply to your region.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Season 2) (Netflix UK) – From October 14th onwards
- Designated Survivor (Season 2) (Everywhere except US, Canada) – From September 27th onwards
- Outlander (Season 3) (Netflix France) – From September onwards
- Rick & Morty (Season 3) (Netflix UK) – Continues throughout September
- Riverdale (Season 2) (Netflix CA, UK, Ireland, Latin America) – From October 12th onwards
- Shooter (Season 3) (Netflix UK, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Europe) – Continues throughout September
- Star Trek: Discovery (Season 1) (Everywhere except the US) – Starts from September 24th
- The Expanse (Season 2) (Everywhere except USA, Canada and New Zealand) – Ell episodes September 8th
- Twin Peaks (Season 2017) (Latin America) – Continues throughout September
- Van Helsing (Season 2) (Everywhere except the US) – Likely from September
Applies to the USA
Everything else that’s coming to Netflix is listed below and includes series updates from NBC, AMC and Dreamworks. All of these dates are subject to change and are based on previous release schedules.
- The Walking Dead (Season 7)*
- American Horror Story (Season 6)
- Gotham (Season 3)
- Hawaii Five-O (Season 7)
- Madam Secretary (Season 3)
- The Blacklist (Season 4)
- The Boss Baby (2017)
As always, we’ll keep you up-to-date on the new titles coming each month in our coming soon section here on What’s on Netflix. What are you looking forward to watching on Netflix over the next three months? Let us know down below.