Welcome to a full recap of everything new on Netflix for the past 7 days in the United States where 19 new movies dropped alongside 17 new shows. We’ll also check what was the most popular shows and movies in the United States over the past 7 days.
Next week, we’re expecting at least 48 new releases to hit the service (we’ve covered every title we know about here) with the majority of new releases coming on Friday as we move into a new month.
With new arrivals throughout the week, there will be a lot of removals. In fact, we’re expecting close to 100 removals over the next week or so. Make sure you’ve watched what you need to before it departs.
Missed any of last week’s additions? Netflix added 47 new movies and shows for the week ending June 19th, 2022.
What’s New on Netflix This Weekend (June 25th-26th)
Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop: A Bad Boy Story (2017)
Genre: Documentary, Music
Director: Daniel Kaufman
Cast: Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, Lil’ Kim, Mase
Runtime: 80 min
Netflix has some excellent music documentaries covering musicians but perhaps one genre it covers better than most is rap and hip-hop and that trend continues today with the release of a documentary on Puff Daddy and a two-night extravaganza put on in honor of The Notorious B.I.G.
Here’s the official description:
“This documentary captures the rise and resilience of Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs as an artist and entrepreneur, plus the 2016 Bad Boy Records reunion show.”
This documentary was first released exclusively on Apple Music.
Grey’s Anatomy (Season 18)
Genre: Drama, Romance
Cast: Ellen Pompeo, Chandra Wilson, James Pickens Jr.
Writer: Shonda Rhimes
Runtime: 41 min
Ellen Pompeo continues to play the role of Meredith Grey for its record-breaking eighteenth season on ABC.
The new season consists of 20 episodes and kicks off with Bailey looking to hire new doctors and Owen and Teddy taking the next step.
How this show has managed to survive the exodus of Disney content (including Netflix Originals!) over the years is baffling but could be due to the fact that Shonda Rhimes, the creator of Grey’s Anatomy, remains at Netflix under an all-spanning overall deal. With the new season added and another likely to come in 2023, we shouldn’t be seeing Grey’s removed anytime soon (2026 at the earliest for newer seasons).
Genre: Action, Thriller
Director: Anubhav Sinha
Cast: Ayushmann Khurrana, Andrea Kevichüsa, Amir Hossain Ashik
Writer: Sima Agarwal, Yash Keswani, Anubhav Sinha
Runtime: 147 min
Netflix’s trend of picking up the biggest theatrical movies from India to release not in India but around the world continues this weekend with the release of Anek which only debuted in cinemas back last month.
Here’s what you can expect if you take a dive in on the Hindi-language movie:
“Amid turmoil in northeast India, an undercover agent tasked with peace negotiations crosses paths with a tenacious boxer fighting for her dreams.”
Full List of 36 New Movies and Series Added to Netflix This Week
Please note that this list only is for the United States. We’ve put together a separate weekly list for the United Kingdom here.
19 New Movies Added This Week
- Anek (2022)
- Azali (2018)
- Backtrace (2018)
- Bruna Louise: Demolition (2022) Netflix Original
- Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop: A Bad Boy Story (2017)
- Civil: Ben Crump (2022) Netflix Original
- Doom of Love (2022) Netflix Original
- Glamour Girls (2022)
- It (2017)
- Joel Kim Booster: Psychosexual (2022) Netflix Original
- Kuttavum Shikshayum (2022)
- La leyenda de la Nahuala (2007)
- Love & Gelato (2022) Netflix Original
- Paul Virzi: Nocturnal Admissions (2022) Netflix Original
- Philomena (2013)
- Sing 2 (2021)
- The Man from Toronto (2022) Netflix Original
- The Mist (2007)
- Who Is Like Abu Riad? (2007)
17 New TV Series Added This Week
- All That (Seasons 1-2)
- Angry Birds: Summer Madness (Season 2) Netflix Original
- First Class (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Grey’s Anatomy (Season 18)
- Kenan and Kel (Seasons 1-2)
- Legacies (Season 4)
- Man Vs Bee (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide (Seasons 1-2)
- ONE PIECE (3 New Seasons)
- Queen (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Snowflake Mountain () Netflix Original
- The Future Of (Season 1 – New Episodes Weekly) Netflix Original
- The Hidden Lives of Pets (Season 1 ) Netflix Original
- The Umbrella Academy (Season 3 ) Netflix Original
- The UnXplained (Season 1 – 16 Episodes)
- Zoey 101 (Seasons 1-2)
Most Popular Movies on Netflix US This Week
Using top 10 data, we can see what scooped up the most points in the US top 10s over the past 7 days and as per the global top 100, Spiderhead took home the top spot in the United States.
- Spiderhead (69 points)
- Hustle (56 points)
- It (50 points)
- Chickenhare and the Hamster of Darkness (38 points)
- Sing 2 (38 points)
- The Mist (32 points)
- Halftime (30 points)
- Love & Gelato (22 points)
- Speed Kills (22 points)
- The Man From Toronto (20 points)
- Collision (17 points)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (15 points)
- Backtrace (11 points)
- Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (8 points)
- The Wrath of God (6 points)
- Titanic (3 points)
- Interceptor (3 points)
Most Popular Series on Netflix US This Week
Stranger Things once again took the top spot in the US week with All American continuing to pull off great numbers too.
The Umbrella Academy, which only debuted on Wednesday, managed to be number 1 throughout the remainder of the week which makes it a likely candidate for the number 1 spot next week.
- Stranger Things (76 points)
- All American (63 points)
- Web of Make Believe: Death, Lies and the Internet (49 points)
- God’s Favorite Idiot (48 points)
- The Umbrella Academy (40 points)
- Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend (35 points)
- Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey (25 points)
- Snowflake Mountain (22 points)
- The Lincoln Lawyer (21 points)
- Peaky Blinders (20 points)
- You Don’t Know Me (13 points)
- First Kill (12 points)
- Legacies (8 points)
- The UnXplained (5 points)
- Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area (3 points)
What have you been watching on Netflix this week? Let us know in the comments.