Looking for every Star Wars movie and TV series streaming on Netflix? Then you’ve found the ultimate guide to streaming one of the most successful movie franchises of all time.
The Star Wars universe spans multiple decades and comes with a deep and loved story that’s known to millions, if not billions, around the world. In recent years, Disney has taken over the license and thanks to a deal Netflix struck back in 2014, the newest theatrical releases are coming to Netflix in some regions sooner than ever. This deal is about to come to an end for those in the United States, however.
In addition to that, Netflix has managed acquired a Star Wars series over the year and although the future of that show (The Clone Wars) future looks in doubt on Netflix as Disney prepares its new streaming service for 2019.
Here’s what Star Wars movies and TV series are on Netflix:
Star Wars Movies on Netflix
Original Trilogy (1977 – 1983)
The three movies which kickstarted everything. A New Hope landed back in 1977 which introduced us for the first time to Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Believe it or not, the movie was expected to bomb hard. Little did they know back then it’d grow into the massive success it now is.
The second episode was released and is often regarded as the best Star Wars movie to this day.
- Star Wars Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina, Mexico & Brazil
- Star Wars Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina, Mexico & Brazil
- Star Wars VI – The Return of the Jedi (1983) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina, Belgium, Mexico & Brazil
Prequel Trilogy (1999 – 2005)
The chances are, you’ve heard a lot of hate regarding the prequel movies. The movies which serve as prequels to the original trilogy documents the days during the Republic where the Jedi were prosperous. The primary focus of the prequel trilogy is to document the rise of Anakin Skywalker and his eventual transition to becoming Darth Vader.
Love them or hate them, they are technical masterpieces.
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina, Mexico & Brazil
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina, Mexico & Brazil
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005) is streaming on Netflix in Argentina, Mexico & Brazil
Sequel Trilogy (2015- 2019)
After a decade of hiatus and after Disney’s purchase of the Star Wars license they kickstarted a brand new trilogy back in 2015. Fortunately, these Star Wars movies are more widely available on Netflix as we’ll document below.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015) is only now streaming on Netflix in India. It has streamed in many regions in the past including the United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Israel and the majority of European countries. The United States narrowly missed out on The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) is now available on Netflix in the United States as of 26th June 2018. The movie will leave Netflix in December 2019. Netflix Canada and those in the Netherlands and Belgium is streaming The Last Jedi too.
- Star Wars: Episode IX (2019) will release after the Disney contract cut off meaning it will likely only come to Netflix in Canada and not the United States.
Anthology Movies (2016 onwards)
As part of the new Disney era of movies, an anthology movie would arrive in the interim years where a new main numbered entry wouldn’t be released. So far, we’ve had two movies released in the anthology format. The first, Rogue One, arrived in 2016 and served as a direct prequel to Episode IV documenting how the resistance came into the possession of the Death Star plans. The second is releasing in 2018 which will serve as the origin story for Han Solo.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was available on Netflix in the US and Canada but left in January 2019. The movie does now reside on Netflix in the UK as well as some Asian territories.
- Han Solo: A Star Wars Story arrived on Netflix in January 2019 in the United States and Canada. That’ll leave midway through 2020.
Animated Star Wars Movies & Series
The 2008 animated movie The Clone Wars was set to quench the thirst of Star Wars fans. Not only did it achieve that with just the movie, it then pathed the way for multiple series. The Clone Wars series is the closest we’ve come to a Star Wars Netflix Original series and will likely be the only time we get close too.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) is available on Netflix in Canada, Brazil and Argentina. The US lost The Clone Wars movie on April 7th.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (6 Seasons) is available on Netflix in the United States, Canada, South America and Europe (excluding the UK and Ireland). Not only did Netflix secure the streaming rights to the show but it also released unreleased episodes that Cartoon Network decided not to air. As you may have heard, a new season of The Clone Wars has been planned for 2019. This will reside exclusively on Disney+ which is why we saw the removal of The Clone Wars on April 7th, 2019.
- Star Wars Rebels is the Disney XD series which started airing in 2014. Star Wars Rebels was streaming on Netflix in Argentina, Brazil, Norway and Sweden but has since left and won’t be returning to Netflix.
Other Star Wars Titles on Netflix
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Vol. 1 – Available on Netflix Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles – Available on Netflix in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Mexico.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars (2014) – Available on Netflix in Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, and Mexico
- Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed (2007) – Available on Netflix in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico.