Netflix’s Original content library has swelled in the last few years and that’s partly down to its platform of comedians with some iconic names presenting their sets to the global Netflix audience. The first Netflix Original standup came in August 2012 and has been regularly added since then.
Every month, Netflix seems to add between 2-6 stand-up shows which presents a lot of variety. Their plan for 2017 is set to continue but we’ve got a few massive names who will be joining the lineup.
Because we don’t know much about a lot of these shows, we can only really list the upcoming performers who have been confirmed for 2017 sets. Here we go:
- Jen Kirkman will bring her show ‘Just Keep Livin’?’ to Netflix on January 3rd, 2017.
- Jim Gaffigan will be presenting his show Cinco on January 10th, 2017 on Netflix
- Neal Brennan will bring his show 3 Mics to Netflix on January 17th.
- Gad Elmaleh has announced he’ll release a Netflix Original show called Gad Gone Wild on January 24th.
- Cristela Alonzo will bring her Lower Classy performance to Netflix on January 24th.
- Vir Das is an Indian comic who will likely release his announced show in 2017
- Tracy Morgan confirmed on Howard Stern last summer (after recovering from his recent accident) that he was working with Netflix to bring a stand-up gig to Netflix in 2017.
- Chris Rock has confirmed he’s producing two shows, at least one of which is likely to arrive in 2017.
- Dave Chappelle who’s basically disappeared since his HBO show has confirmed he’s working on three Netflix stand-up shows of which a few will likely premiere in 2017.
Sadly, that’s all we have in terms of names so far for 2017. Netflix Original stand-ups tend to be less publicized and announcements usually arrive fair close to their release dates. The best way to keep up with what standup is coming to Netflix is to check out our monthly previews on our coming soon section.