If we were to describe this week’s Netflix lineup with an adjective, we’d call it “Prestigious.” That’s because one of Netflix’s biggest Oscar contenders is releasing this week, along with the highly anticipated premiere of the final season of Netflix’s flagship scripted series, The Crown.
As always, you can see all the new releases added to Netflix daily via our New on Netflix hub.
For everything else set to arrive on Netflix US throughout the remainder of November 2023, keep an eye on our month’s preview, which we’re constantly updating with the latest title announcements. We’re also building the list for Netflix’s December 2023 release lineup.
Now, let’s dig into three highlights coming up this week:
Most Anticipated New Releases on Netflix This Week
Downton Abbey: The Motion Picture (2019)
Coming to Netflix: Thursday
As is common for the middle of the month, we’re getting a couple of movies from Universal and its subsidary, Focus Features.
This month, we’re getting a couple of great movies from their 2019 roster with one being the first feature-film companion to the British period drama series.
Now, unfortunetely, you won’t be able to do a complete Downton Abbey binge on Netflix given that the series departed last August. Nevertheless, this is a great film to watch even if you’ve never touched the mothership series.
The Crown (Season 6 – Part 1) Netflix Original
Coming to Netflix: Thursday
If you’re rolling your eyes at the thought of The Crown being a split season, I’m usually right there alongside you. With that said, it does appear that the split is absolutely justified given that we learned earlier in the week that the idea behind it was to allow Diana’s story and the Queen’s story play out seperately.
In case you’re not familiar, The Crown is one of Netflix’s most prestigious series detailing the last several decades through the lens of the Royal Family and specifically, Queen Elizabeth II.
Coming to Netflix: Friday
Netflix’s Oscar-hopefuls are coming thick and fast at the moment with Nyad and The Killer both releasing over the past couple of weeks. Next up from that roster is Rustin, the new biopic starring Colman Domingo.
Director George C. Wolfe is behind the movie that details the life of Bayard Rustin, the architect behind the historic 1963 March through Washington.
Alongside Domingo in the movie stars Chris Rock, Glynn Turman, Jeffrey Wright, and Audra McDonald.
Full List of What’s Coming to Netflix This Week
Note: This list mainly contains Netflix US releases – other regions lineups may vary.
Coming to Netflix on November 14th
- Criminal Code (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Dubai Bling (Season 2) Netflix Original
- How to Become a Mob Boss (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Suburræterna (Season 1) Netflix Original
- The Netflix Cup: Swing to Survive (LIVE) Netflix Original
What’s Coming to Netflix on November 15th
- Feedback (Season 1) Netflix Original
- First Wives Club (Seasons 1-3)
- Matt Rife: Natural Selection (2023) Netflix Original
- Million Dollar Decorators (Season 1)
- Runaway / Fugueuse (Season 1)
Coming to Netflix on November 16th
- A Nice Girl Like You (2020)
- Best. Christmas. Ever! (2023) Netflix Original
- Downton Abbey: The Motion Picture (2019)
- Harriet (2019)
- In Love and Deep Water (2023) Netflix Original
- Lone Survivor (2013)
- Mutt (2023)
- Sukhee (2023)
- The Crown (Season 6 – Part 1) Netflix Original
- Third World Romance (2023)
Coming to Netflix on November 17th
- All-Time High (2023) Netflix Original
- Believer 2 (2023) Netflix Original
- CoComelon Lane (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Holy Family (Season 2) Netflix Original
- Nothing to See Here (Season 1) Netflix Original
- Rustin (2023) Netflix Original
- Scott Pilgrim Takes Off (Season 1) Netflix Original
- See You On Venus (2023)
- Stamped from the Beginning (2023) Netflix Original
- The Dads (2023) Netflix Original
- The Queenstown Kings (2023) Netflix Original
What will you be checking out on Netflix this week? Let us know in the comments.