Geeked Week is here! From November 6th to November 12th, Netflix will be unveiling a host of news, first looks, and more about upcoming movies, series, and games. Below, we’re tracking all the announcements so far with all the announcements up until November 9th.
Interested in the full schedule of upcoming events? Take a look at our Geeked Week 2023 preview here, which includes the complete schedule and all the titles confirmed for premiere or showcase.
Now, let’s delve into all the announcements made thus far.
Table of Contents
Saturday – Day 6 – Third Live Stream
- Damsel kicked off the show with a pretty decent teaser trailer with Millie Bobby Brown front and center. No exact release date other than a broad 2024 window.
- The Archies, due out on Netflix on December 7th, got a featurette with the cast of the movie sitting down to do a trivia test. Moving on…
- Dead Boy Detectives was the next big reveal. We’ve known that Netflix will be the recipient of the new series that is set in the same world as The Sandman, but today we got a first look teaser and some new photos.
- Sonic Prime season 3 was recently showcased at DROP 01, but today, we got confirmation the new season will drop on January 11th, 2024.
- Exploding Kittens was the next major reveal, but sadly, we didn’t get any release date suggesting it may not be out until next year at this point. The upcoming adult animated series is based on the card game (and the Netflix mobile game) of the same name.
- Devil May Cry also recently featured at the DROP01 event and today, we got a message from show creator Adi Shankar himself about the upcoming series.
- Terminator: The Anime Series was the big new debut. Having been reported to be in development at Netflix for quite some time, this is the confirmation we were looking for. However, beyond a brief synopsis and a title card, we’ve still got a lot to learn.
- Two game reveals next. Hades, the multi-award-winning roguelike dungeon crawler, will be making its mobile debut via Netflix, and so will Braid: Anniversary Edition, scheduled for April 2024.
- There is no new One Piece news, but we got a new blooper reel.
- Gyeongseong Creature got a date debut, and it’s been split into two parts. Part 1 drops on December 22nd, while the second part arrives a few weeks later on January 5th.
- Rounding out Saturday’s showcase was a tease for Rebel Moon day, happening all day Sunday.
— Rebel Moon (@rebelmoon) November 11, 2023
Friday – Day 5 – Second Live Stream
- Kicking off, Friday began the stream with the big new tease for 3 Body Problem, which has been delayed from its original January 2024 release window to March 21st, 2024.
- The Brothers Sun was already teased a little earlier in the week, but now we get another first-look trailer, and the release date is confirmed for January 4th, 2023.
- New clips for Obliterated and Leave the World Behind were up next, with both set to be released on Netflix in the next few months.
- Code 8: Part II got the next reveal with a teaser looking at the forthcoming reunion coming to Netflix in February 2024.
- The first of the video games showcased for Friday was Oxenfree II: Lost Signals, which got a short featurette.
- Masters of the Universe: Revolution debuted a new teaser next, with the fresh follow-up series set to debut on January 25th, 2024. William Shatner is confirmed to be part of the voice cast.
- Two Netflix mobile games are revealed next, with Death’s Door and Katana Zero confirmed to be getting mobile ports exclusively on Netflix games.
- The Witcher: Sirens of the Deep, a movie we’ve been reporting on for well over a year, was finally revealed with a new teaser trailer and some first looks. It’ll debut on Netflix in late 2024.
- Tomb Raider: The Legend of Lara Croft got a big behind-the-scenes featurette—no release date yet for the series other than a broad 2024 release.
- Blood of Zeus season 2 was the last big reveal, with a new trailer and confirmation that the new season drops on May 15th, 2024.
Thursday – Day 4 – First Live Stream
- Leaked over the weekend, the stream kicked off with the fact that Arcane Season 2 will arrive in November 2024.
- We got a short clip of the cast talking about the fourth and final season of The Umbrella Academy, which is set to arrive in 2024. We also got a new poster.
- Squid Game: The Challenge debuted some new behind-the-scenes footage, giving us an idea of some of the games that’ll feature in the new reality series set to arrive at the end of November.
- Although we expected a first look at the actual Money Heist mobile game, we instead got a first look at the Netflix Stories: Money Heist interactive game that’ll debut soon.
- Sticking with games, we also got confirmation of Shadow and Bone Enter The Fold releasing today on Netflix Games via Android and iOS.
- My Daemon was up next, and we got a new trailer for the new anime series.
- Ultraman: Rising then got some new first look images and an excellent new trailer. The new animated movie will hit Netflix in 2024.
- Jurassic World: Chaos Theory got its exclusive reveal (it was actually revealed weeks ago!) and confirmed for 2024. A new minute-long clip was released alongside two new images.
- Life on our Planet, recently released on Netflix, got a new BTS featurette.
- Leo is due out at the end of November and at Geeked Week, we got a new movie clip.
- Chicken Run: Eggstraction was one of the surprise game announcements today. Made by Aardman Animation themselves, the new mobile entry is a top-down stealth action game.
- Orion and the Dark was next up and there we got new stills, a new trailer, and even better, a release date set for February 2024.
- The Dragon Prince returned today with a season 6 clip plus the announcement that The Dragon Prince: Xadia will be joining the Netflix games lineup.
- Finally, Avatar: The Last Airbender wrapped things up. We got a new teaser, new first-look images, and confirmation that the series will be touching down on February 22nd, 2024.
Wednesday – Day 3 – Social Teases Day 2
- Avatar: The Last Airbender started the day with a brand new teaser poster and the promise that a new teaser trailer + the release date (which has leaked over the weekend on X and on Collider again this morning) is due out at 2:05p PT on Thursday.
- A new picture for Scott Pilgrim Takes Off dropped next with the show releasing in just a few weeks.
- Blood of Zeus (yes, that show released in October 2020) will finally return to Netflix soon, and we got a new teaser trailer with the actual trailer set to release on Friday.
- Code 8: Part II – the Canadian sci-fi movie starring Robbie and Stephen Amell will debut in 2024, according to a brand new poster. The new teaser trailer is coming on Friday.
- Ultraman Rising wrapped up day 2 with a new first-look image posted by Shannon Tindle.
Here it is, folks, another peek at Ultraman Rising in anticipation of our first teaser, dropping tomorrow.
— Shannon Tindle (@ShannonTindle_1) November 8, 2023
Tuesday – Day 2 – Social Teases Day 1
- Damsel – A new poster for the Millie Bobby Brown-led fantasy movie – full trailer releasing on the Saturday livestream
- The Dragon Prince (Season 6) – New poster for the new season as well as confirmation that it’ll be arriving on Netflix globally in 2024. New first look clip to be debuted later in the week.
- Orion and the Dark – A new still from the upcoming DreamWorks Animation movie with Charlie Kauffman writing.
- The Brother’s Sun – A new teaser poster for the upcoming action drama series. Confirmation the series won’t debut until 2024.
Monday – Day 1 – Stranger Things Day
A somewhat subdued start to Geeked Week, with the annual Stranger Things day landing on Monday, but with season 5 still on pause because of the ongoing strikes, we didn’t get too many announcements. What did we learn then?
Here’s a quick rundown of what was revealed:
- Stranger Things: The First Shadow
- A first look behind the scenes at the upcoming stage play for Stranger Things, which kicks off its run starting this month.
- Stranger Things Gaming News
- Fortnite – Multiple Fortnite skins land in the Fortnite shop, including ones of Eleven and Hopper.
- Dead by Daylight – both fans and non-fans can rejoice as you’ll no longer be seeing people begging for Netflix to re-add Stranger Things to the popular DBD video game with the announcement that previously announced DLC will be returning.
- A new first look at the new VR game simply called Stranger Things VR that will see Jamie Campbell Bower voice the role of Vecna. It launches on Meta Quest on November 30th.
- Stranger Things Season 5 News
- We got a crumb in the form of the first line of the script from season 5 episode 1: