Welcome to your comprehensive look at what’s coming to Netflix in January 2023 in the United States. This list will include in a simple list form all the new movies and shows set to hit Netflix throughout the first month of 2023 whether that be licensed titles or Netflix Originals.
For a further breakdown of the new Netflix Originals coming in January 2023, check out our list of new releases here. If you want to see our two massive previews of all the new movies and shows coming to Netflix throughout 2023, see our respective lists for new movies and shows.
Full List of What’s Coming to Netflix in January 2023
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 1st
- Barbershop 2: Back in Business (2004) – Ice Cube and Queen Latifah stars in this comedy movie.
- Blue Streak (1999) – Martin Lawrence plays a former convict posing as a cop to retrieve a diamond.
- Brokeback Mountain (2005) – Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal’s romance movie.
- Closer (2004) – Sony Pictures movie from director Mike Nichols about a relationship of two couples become entwined. Nominated for 2 Oscars, it stars Natalie Portman, Jude Law, Julia Robers and Clive Own.
- Daddy Day Care (2003) – Eddie Murphy family comedy.
- Fletch (1985) – Chevy Chase comedy.
- Forrest Gump (1994) – Six-time Oscar-winning Tom Hanks movie.
- G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) – Based on the popular toy brand, this big-budget movie follows the special operatives known as G.I. Joe.
- Grease (1978) – The classic romance musical starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997) – Horror starring Jennifer Love Hewitt which comes from the creator of the Scream franchise.
- Jerry Maguire (1996) – Tom Cruise romantic comedy.
- King Kong (2005) – Peter Jackson’s take on the classic tale that sees Kong captures and bought to New York.
- Kaleidoscope (Season 1) Netflix Original – The first ever Netflix Original series that allows you to watch episodes in any order. Previously called Jigsaw, the series from Eric Garcia is centered on the biggest heist of all time.
- Kimi ni todoke: From Me To You (Multiple Seasons) – Japanse anime series.
- Lady Voyeur (Season 1) Netflix Original – Brazillian crime mystery series about a talented hacker involved in a dangerous investigation.
- Leap Year (2010) – Romantic comedy from Universal Pictures starring Amy Adams and Matthew Goode.
- LEGO Friends: Heartlake Stories (Limited Series) – Kids animated series.
- Life (1999) – Eddie Murphy comedy.
- Minority Report (2002) – Tom Cruise sci-fi crime mystery where the police are able to arrest murderers before the murders even happen.
- Monster (Multiple Seasons) – Classic anime series about a neurosurgeon finding life in turmoil after getting attached to a former patient.
- Mousa (2021) – Egyptian sci-fi movie about a shy engineering student building a powerful robot to battle criminals and the government.
- National Security (2003) – Action comedy starring Martin Lawrence.
- New Amsterdam (Seasons 1-2) – NBC medical drama series that’ll be licensed to Netflix with multiple seasons dropping on New Year’s Day.
- Old People! (Season 2) – Japanese kids series where young ones head out on their own to perform everyday tasks.
- The Aviator (2004) – Leonardo DiCaprio stars in this biopic epic on Howard Hughes by director Martin Scorsese.
- The ‘Burbs (1989) – Tom Hanks comedy movie about a new family on the block suspected of being part of a Satanic cult.
- The Conjuring (2013) – Horror where paranormal investigators look into a dark presence at a farmhouse.
- The Mindy Project (Multiple Seasons) – Mindy Kaling’s comedy series that aired on Fox and Hulu.
- The Nutty Professor (1996) – Eddie Murphy suits up for this comedy where he takes a special chemical that allows him to become skinny.
- The Nutty Professor II: The Klumps (2000) – The second movie in the Eddie Murphy comedy.
- The Raid 2 (2014) – Sony Pictures Classic action thriller (that is arguably better than the first movie) from Gareth Evans. Iko Uwais returns as Rama goes undercover with the thugs of Jakarta.
- The Way of the Househusband (Season 2) Netflix Original – Anime series.
- Old Enough! (Season 2) – Japanese kids series that sees kids going out on adventures doing adult things.
- Parenthood (1989) – Steve Martin comedy.
- Reservoir Dogs (1992) – Quentin Tarantino’s crime thriller epic that follows what happens after a jewelry heist goes wrong.
- Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010) – One of the numerous Milla Jovovich Resident Evil adaptations.
- Road to Perdition (2002) – Sam Mendes Oscar-winning crime thriller starring Tom Hanks.
- Rocky Movie Collection Including:
- Rocky II
- Rocky III
- Rocky IV
- Rocky V
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) – Edgar Wright writes and directs this action comedy based on the comics. Stars Michael Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
- Survivor (New Seasons) – Reality competition series hosted by Jeff Probst.
- The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009) – Denzel Washington and John Travolta star in this action thriller.
- This Is 40 (2012) – Judd Apatow romantic comedy.
- Top Gun (1986) – Tom Cruise’s original entry as Maverick whilst the new movie streams on Paramount+.
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) – Michael Bay’s 2011 entry where the Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft on the moon.
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) – The second Michael Bay entry in the Transformers franchise.
- Twins (1988) – Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito team for this comedy movie.
- You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger (2010) – Ensemble romantic comedy by Woody Allen, starring Anthony Hopkins, Naomi Watts, Gemma Jones, and Josh Brolin.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 2nd
- Side Dish (Season 1) – South African drama series about four friends taking a boozy weekend that spirals out of control.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 4th
- How I Became a Gangster (2023) Netflix Original – Polish crime drama movie about an ambitious gangster working his way up the Warsaw criminal ranks.
- MADOFF: The Monster of Wall Street (Season 1) Netflix Original – True crime docuseries looking into the fall of the financier, Bernie Madoff.
- The Kings of the World (Season 1) Netflix Original – Colombian drama series about five friends from the streets of Medellín who set out on a perilous journey through Colombia to recover a piece of land that was bequeathed to one of them.
- The Lying Life of Adults (Season 1) Netflix Original – Italian drama series based on the Elena Ferrante novel. Valeria Golino stars.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 5th
- #ABtalks (Season 3) – Middle Eastern chat show.
- 10 Minutes Gone (2019) – Michael Chiklis and Bruce Willis star in this action movie about an expert thief racing to find out who swiped the missing loot.
- Copenhagen Cowboy (Season 1) Netflix Original – Danish TV thriller series from Nicolas Winding Refn.
- Ginny & Georgia (Season 2) Netflix Original – Return of the drama series that asks the question, “How do you live with the knowledge that your mother is a murderer?”
- Mars One (2022) – Brazillian LGBTQ drama movie.
- Mission: Joy Finding Happiness in Troubled Times (2021) – Documentary directed by Louie Psihoyos about the friendship between Archbishop Desmond Tuto and the Dalai Lama.
- Stealing Raden Saleh (2022) – Indonesian action movie.
- Woman of the Dead (Season 1) Netflix Original – Austrian crime mystery series exploring the lengths a passionate woman will go to for vengeance after her husband’s death, and the tug-of-war between good and evil that exists in all of us.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 6th
- Love Island (Season 2) – US dating reality series.
- Mumbai Mafia: Police vs The Underworld (2023) Netflix Original – British produced documentary from Francis Longhurst and Raaghav Dar about the rise of “encounter cops” in 1990s Mumbai.
- Pressure Cooker (Season 1) Netflix Original – Cooking reality series about eleven chefs using culinary skills to compete for $100,000.
- The Pale Blue Eye (2023) Netflix Original – Christian Bale stars in this mystery thriller set in the early 1800s following a detective hired to investigate a gruesome murder of a cadet.
- The Ultimatum: France (Season 1 – Part 2) Netflix Original
- The Walking Dead (Season 11) – The final season of AMC’s flagship zombie series, The Walking Dead.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 9th
- Vinland Saga (Season 1 – New Episodes) – Anime series hitting Netflix weekly.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 10th
- Andrew Santino: Cheeseburger (2023) Netflix Original – Stand-up comedy special.
- Blood Line (2022) – Egyptian thriller.
- The Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker (2023) Netflix Original – True crime documentary.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 11th
- Noise (2023) Netflix Original – Mexican social issue drama about a mother’s search for her missing daughter.
- Sexify (Season 2) Netflix Original – Polish drama series.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 12th
- Kung Fu Panda: The Dragon Knight (Season 2) Netflix Original – DreamWorks Television’s second entry where Po and the Dragon Knights head to India.
- Scattered Barriers (Limited Series) – Middle Eastern TV series.
- The Makanai: Cooking for the Maiko House (Season 1) Netflix Original – Japanese live-action series consisting of 9 episodes that tell the story of Kiyo who is set in the geisha district of Kyoto.
- Vikings: Valhalla (Season 2) Netflix Original – Next season of the historical series that sees the heroes continue their story shortly after the tragic fall of Kattegat. Finding themselves suddenly fugitives in Scandinavia, they are forced to test their ambitions and courage in worlds beyond the fjords of Kattegat.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 13th
- Disconnect: The Wedding Planner (2023) Netflix Original – Romantic comedy movie from Africa.
- Dog Gone (2023) Netflix Original – Rob Lowe stars in this new biopic about a young man and his beloved dog separated on the Appalachian Trail; he and his father must begin a desperate search to find him before it’s too late.
- Suzan & Freek (2023) Netflix Original – After going viral from posting covers on social media, a passionate music duo and couple navigate remarkable success and accompanying fame.
- Sky Rojo (Season 3) Netflix Original – The final season of the Alex Pina Spanish thriller series.
- Thai Massage (2022) – Mangesh Hadawale’s Indian movie.
- The Wait (2021) – Nollywood movie.
- Trial by Fire (Limited Series) Netflix Original – Indian miniseries about two parents dealing with the loss of their kids. Based on true events.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 14th
- Crash Course in Romance (Season 1 – New Episodes Weekly) Netflix Original – Korean romantic comedy about a mother navigating the world of private education.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 16th
- Miu404 (Season 1) – Japanese crime mystery series. About a police unit that sets out to solve crimes within 24 hours.
- Quartet (Season 1) – Japanese romantic mystery series about four musicians trying to form a quartet and while sharing a cozy villa, they discover all are holding secrets.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 17th
- The Devil to Pay (2019) – Lane and Ruckus Skye direct this thriller about a struggling farmer fighting to save her son after her husband’s disappearance.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 19th
- Alkhallat+ (2022) Netflix Original – Middle-eastern comedy.
- Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Season 1) Netflix Original – Anime horror series based on the manga which will feature 20 stories.
- Khallat+ (2023) Netflix Original – South African anthology movie.
- That ’90s Show (Season 1) Netflix Original – Comedy sitcom sequel series to That ’70s Show that sees the original cast all grown up and a new generation of teenagers experiencing life in Wisconsin.
- The Pez Outlaw (2022) – SVOD debut of the documentary about Steve Glew who smuggled rare pez dispensers.
- Women at War (Season 1) Netflix Original – France, 1914. As the German troops advance and men leave for the frontlines, four women must grapple with the devastating consequences of war at home.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 20th
- Awaken (Season 1) – Korean sci-fi series where police officers investigate dark secrets that link a series of present-day murders with puzzling incidents that took place in a town 28 years ago.
- Bake Squad (Season 2) Netflix Original – Reality baking series.
- Big Mäck: Gangsters and Gold (2023) Netflix Original – Documentary feature from Germany on the wrongly accused Donald Stellwag.
- Bling Empire: New York (Season 1) Netflix Original – A new-spinoff reality series that shows you what it’s like to be rich Asian American socialite living it large in the big apple.
- Booba (Season 5) – British kids animation series.
- Fauda (Season 4) Netflix Original – Israeli action thriller series.
- Mission Majnu (2023) Netflix Original – Indian spy thriller.
- Jung_E (2023) Netflix Original – Korean sci-fi movie. In a post-apocalyptic 22nd century, a researcher at an AI lab leads the effort to end a civil war by cloning the brain of a heroic soldier — her mother.
- Represent (Season 1) Netflix Original – French comedy series created by Jean-Pascal Zadi and François Uzan. About an educator who is thrust into the French presidential election race.
- Shahmaran (Season 1) Netflix Original – Turkish fantasy drama.
- Shanty Town (Season 1) Netflix Original – Nigerian series.
- Sweetie (2022) – Turkish documentary on Yildiz Kenter.
- The Real World (Season 28) – Reality series.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 21st
- Demon Slayer (Season 2) – Second season of the hit anime series.
- The Post-Truth World (2023) Netflix Original – Taiwanese mystery movie.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 23rd
- Black Sunshine Baby! (2022) – Indian documentary about the author and motivational speaker Aisha Chaudhary.
- Minions: The Rise of Gru (2022) – Illuminations second entry in the Minions spinoff.
- Narvik (2023) Netflix Original – Norwegian war movie about a young soldier fighting in the trenches.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 24th
- George Lopez: Why You Cry? (2005) – Stand-up comedy special.
- Little Angel (Season 2) – Kids animated series.
- Physical: 100 (Season 1) Netflix Original – Korean reality series.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 25th
- Against The Ropes (Season 1) Netflix Original – Mexican drama series. Released from prison, Ángela tries to regain the respect of her daughter, who loves lucha libre wrestling, by entering the ring as a mysterious persona.
- Begin Again (2013) – Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo star in this musical comedy from John Carney.
- Love Never Lies: Poland (Season 1) Netflix Original – Reality series putting six couples to the test with an eye-scanning lie detector.
- The Endless Night (Season 1) Netflix Original – Brazillian drama series.
- The Price of Family (2023) Netflix Original – Italian comedy movie.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 26th
- An Action Hero (2022) – Indian Bollywood movie about a murder accusation that turns a movie star’s own life into an action thriller.
- Daniel Spellbound (Season 2) Netflix Original – Second season of the kids animated series.
- Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, A Journey, A Song (2022) -Feature-length documentary exploring the life of singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen as seen through the prism of his internationally renowned hymn, Hallelujah.
- Record of Ragnarok (Season 2 – Episodes 1-10) Netflix Original – Anime action series.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 27th
- Kings of Jo’Burg (Season 2) Netflix Presents – South African fantasy crime drama returns.
- Lockwood & Co. (Season 1) Netflix Original – A new British fantasy series based on the novel by Jonathan Stroud. A tiny startup, run by two teenage boys and a newly arrived, supremely psychically gifted girl, a renegade trio destined to unravel a mystery that will change the course of history.
- The Snow Girl (Season 1) Netflix Original – Spanish-language mystery series about a girl going missing during a parade and a newspaper journalist’s fearless pursuit to find her.
- You People (2023) Netflix Original – Kenya Barris ensemble comedy movie that follows a new couple battling with societal expectations and generational differences. Stars Jonah Hill and Eddie Murphy,
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 28th
- InuYasha (Season 3) – Japanese anime series based on the manga.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 30th
- Princess Power (Season 1) Netflix Original – Kids animated series.
What’s Coming to Netflix on January 31st
- Be Melodramatic (Season 1) – Korean romantic comedy series.At the start of their 30s, three friends navigate the demanding entertainment industry while juggling love, careers and dreams.
- Cunk on Earth (Season 1) Netflix Original – BBC co-production where Philomena Cunk takes a look at how far humanity has come. Comes from the creator of Black Mirror.
- Pamela, a love story (2023) Netflix Original – Documentary on the trajectory of Pamela Anderson’s life and career.
- Sonic Boom (Seasons 1-2) – Animated kid’s series based on the SEGA video game character.
Want to look ahead? See all the upcoming Netflix Originals set to hit in February 2023 here.
What are you most looking forward to watching on Netflix in January 2023? Let us know in the comments down below.